Boycott Moscow Mules!!! This may be a small and petty stand to take against the very serious Russian invasion of Ukraine. But serve up these refreshing Mule alternatives with a side of Freedom Fries, take a moment to hold those in less fortunate circumstances in your thoughts and prayers and raise your mug in solidarity with those who believe in freedom.
We will donate 100% of the sale price of all mules until further notice, to two non profit organizations supporting the children and families of Ukraine, Voices of the Children and World Central Kitchen.
If you are an avid fan of copper, you will be no stranger to the famous Moscow Mule cocktail served in copper mule mugs. This popular cocktail got its namesake due to the presence of vodka, although it is believed to have originated in the USA in 1941.
The mule is part of a family of cocktails called bucks, which are cocktails made out of ginger ale or ginger beer. There are plenty of variations and ways to craft a delicious mule, as you can replace the original vodka in a Moscow Mule according to your preference.
In this post, we are offering up 3 delicious copper mule cocktail recipe variations without vodka you can enjoy in our hand hammered Solid Copper Mule Mugs. There are many more peaceful alternatives to the Moscow Mule and Russian invasion.
We are featuring the Kentucky Mule, Mexican Mule and Dark and Stormy as some of the tastiest Copper Mule cocktail recipe variations to try in 2022. Instead of vodka, these variations of the original drink use bourbon, tequila and rum as subs respectively.
3 Copper Mule Cocktail Recipe Variations To Try In 2022
The following 3 Moscow Mule cocktail recipe variations are not only refreshing, they are also super easy to make.
If you’re a beginner cocktail connoisseur, these are the recipes you should definitely start with to hone your cocktail making skills.
Kentucky Mule Cocktail Recipe - With Bourbon
First up is the Kentucky Mule, in which it earned its moniker from the bourbon that substitutes the vodka in the Moscow Mule.
This cocktail has basically 3 ingredients, and if you live for the extra kick bourbon gives, this is definitely the Copper Mule cocktail variation you need to try!
As bourbon cuts through the ginger beer more aggressively than vodka, the stronger flavor profile of this drink makes this a much more intense cocktail compared to the original mule.
Are you ready to try your hand at this tangy copper mule variation? Follow the steps below and enjoy this Kentucky twist on the classic mule drink in our Solid Copper Mule Mug.
- 2 ounce bourbon
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Ginger beer, to top
- Garnish: mint sprig
- Measure 2 ounces of bourbon using our Double-Sided Copper Jigger and combine with lime juice to your Solid Copper Mule Mug.
- Fill the copper mug with ice cubes and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Mexican Mule - with Tequila
Next up is the delicious Tequila-based spin on the classic Moscow mule that is perhaps even bolder and tastier than the original!
If you already love all things Tequila, then this Mexican Mule cocktail recipe will easily spice up your next party or hosting event. This drink is just simply irresistible, as the bite of the tequila combined with spicy ginger and the effervescence of lime makes you want to go in for more sips after your first try.
Ready to experience this bold and bubbly twist on the famous vodka-based mule?
- 3 ounce ginger beer
- ½ ounce lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 ounce of Tequila
- Optional: Lime wedge or jalapeño to garnish
- Pour the first 3 ingredients into your Solid Copper Mule Mug.
- Stir carefully using our Copper Ringer Bar Spoon. Fill your mug until two-thirds full with cubed ice.
- Top with ginger beer and fill your copper mug with crushed ice.
- Garnish with lime slice or jalapeño(if you love the extra kick)
Dark and Stormy - with Rum
Unlike its name that evoke images of literary tropes and writers down on their luck, the Dark and Stormy is a drink born in the Caribbean waters where rum and sailors are plentiful.
To make a tall glass of Dark and Stormy, it involves just three ingredients such as the previous Moscow mule variations. This dark and spicy drink comprises rum, ginger beer and lime juice.
- 2 ounce dark rum
- 3 ounce ginger beer
- ½ ounce lime juice
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Firstly, fill your Solid Copper Mule Mug with ice cubes. Add rum.
- Next, measure and pour in ginger beer and lime juice.
- Stir carefully using our Copper Ringer Bar Spoon.
- Optional: Garnish with lime wedge. Enjoy!
You might also like:
- 5 Beginner Drinks To Serve In A Copper Cup
- The Basics of Mixing Cocktails With A Copper Bar Spoon
- Copper Bar Cart Essentials For Effortless Entertaining