Do you love cooking with copper? Apart from being the perfect heat conductor, copper also offers plenty of health benefits.
This holiday season, if you are looking for an easy yet delicious holiday recipe, be sure to try this Chicken in Champagne recipe courtesy of Amy Mings of Maison de Mings. This French-inspired recipe is sure to please the palate of friends and family, regardless of age.
Using our Copper Stock Pots, this is a great recipe you can make to cater your friends and family over Thanksgiving and Christmas! Even after Christmas is done and dusted, this delicious Chicken in Champagne with Fondant Potatoes is sure to be a hit in your home.
French-Inspired Chicken in Champagne with Fondant Potatoes Recipe
- Bottle of Champagne
- Chicken breasts - 3
- Potatoes - 3
- Romain head - 3
- Beef stock - 1 quart
- Chicken stock - 3 cups
- Vegetable base
- Lemon - 2 cut in half
- Fresh thyme - 3 sprigs
- Herbs de Provence - 4 Tbsp
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Dijon mustard - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Canola oil - 1 Tbsp
1. Start by skinning and deboning two chicken breasts. Save the skin (see details below).
2. Poach at 180F in a mix of 1 bottle of champagne, 3 cups chicken stock, 1 Tsp vegetable base, thyme, 2 lemons, and 4 Tbsp Herbs de Provence until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165F.
3.Cut the ends off a potato. Peel, and work into an even cylinder shape. (See image below).
4. Warm beef stock to a low boil and cook potatoes until almost tender. Add salt and pepper on the ends for seasoning and sear in brown butter until crispy on both sides.
5. Wilt Romaine in brown butter for around 90 seconds or until the color deepens.
6. Dress the potatoes with a mix of lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, Dijon and 1 Tbsp water.
7.Pat chicken skin dry and place on a sheet pan. Next, brush the chicken breasts with canola oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
8. Bake at 425F until crispy like bacon for about 15 minutes.
9. Slice chicken into thin slices and lay atop the lettuce. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Place the crispy skin atop. Add 4 potato pieces in a semi circle and garnish with lemon wedge.
Copper Plating And Serving Ideas
Love this holiday recipe using copper cookware? Make sure to also check out Fernando's Paella using our Alicante Paella Pans right here!